What can I expect during the procedure?
An x-ray exam may take anywhere from 5 to a half hour depending on your study.
- You may be positioned standing or sitting or perhaps lying down on an x-ray table depending on exactly the type of exam or the body part being imaged.
- Cushions or supports may be used to help you hold the proper position
- The technologist will step behind a radiation barrier and ask you to hold very still and may ask you to hold your breath for a few seconds.
- The x-ray equipment is activated and the x-rays penetrate the body part and are detected after they exit a special detector device.
- The technologist may then reposition you for another view and the process is repeated as necessary.
Other Helpful Information
Peninsula Imaging, LLC
Address:1655 Woodbrooke Drive, Suite 101, Salisbury Maryland, 21804
Phone: 410-749-1123 / Toll Free: 1-866-725-1061